[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Good non-leaking boro tank
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/28/2022 4:34:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
craigz
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 86
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos13
Good non-leaking boro tank
Going to be ordering the 5a vape dope and need a decent boro tank for it that won't leak from gasket under glass...anyone have experience with one they got from FT that I can chuck in my order
#2 (permalink)      3/28/2022 5:40:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4843
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos3015
+1 details
SXK Boros are tested and work well. Pick up a spare gasket set for it, for emergencies.
What does he mean when he says words?
#3 (permalink)      3/28/2022 6:34:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hazozita
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 67
  • Reviews 547
  • Kudos55
+2 details
craigz wrote:

Going to be ordering the 5a vape dope and need a decent boro tank for it that won't leak from gasket under glass...anyone have experience with one they got from FT that I can chuck in my order

The SKX ones are very good, and spares for the gasket/o-rings and the glass are pretty inexpensive. The Ambition Mods boro has a little better build quality, but also costs a bit more (SKU 9746705). It also comes in more colors than the SKX. Another option is the Unit Tank (SKU 9734992). Instead of sliding glass, it has a plug for filling. It also separates at the top which can make placement of some bridges easier.

I have one of the Ambition Mods boros, and a few of the SXK and Unit Tanks, and have not had a problem with any of them in terms of fitting properly, leaking or cracking. I have broken one of the glass fronts, but that was my fault – seems the glass will survive being dropped to the floor. It will not survive being stepped on while you’re looking for it.

#4 (permalink)      3/28/2022 6:37:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hazozita
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 67
  • Reviews 547
  • Kudos55
Typo - meant to say SXK and not SKX.