Who will be the first to go to prison for selling flavored juice or ecigarettes?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/16/2022 6:50:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26259
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos21049
+1 details
Who will be the first to go to prison for selling flavored juice or ecigarettes?
Surprised to see the effects of the PACT ACT has taken on the vape market here in the states... It appears Big Tobacco has pretty much won the war... 90% of my saved links lead to closed vape stores... The links that still work are 90% CBD shops now... Wizard labs will be missed...

Back to the original question who and how long will it take for someone to go to prison in the states? They may already be there and I just have not heard about it... If you are on the receiving end of a PACT Act violation are there penalties?
It is time we stop accepting the things we cannot change, and start changing the things we cannot accept...
#2 (permalink)      4/16/2022 8:53:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
blackhack
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 657
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos482
+2 details
Why people still buy "Vape Juice" from vendors amazes me.
There are only three or four if you include nicotine ingredients to a juice, Propylene glycol, vegetable glycerine, food flavouring (usually and nicotine if required)
Big tobacco can go suck my appendage if they think I can be manipulated into buying back into their wares again.
I'm actually surprised that Fasttech hasn't (As yet) started selling "Food flavourings" for those of us who make our own juice.
All of the above ingredients are easy to buy, and mixing amounts/volumes are all over the internet for those who want to mix their own.
Insert smart and witty comment here.....
#3 (permalink)      4/16/2022 9:35:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 4784
  • Reviews 282
  • Kudos2874
+2 details
When somebody, anybody - can make a spot-on Dinner Lady "Strawberry Macaroon" clone, I'd consider it!

The fact is, for me, convenience isn't what matters. Price isn't what matters. TASTE is what matters to me, and while I can muddle up some decent juice with simple recipes, some I cannot.

I can cook a pretty decent Rib-eye, but I like Roadhouse/ Outback even better, ya know? Everyone has different motivations/ reasons, and since I don't see much of FT's users in Vaping groups elsewhere, I have to assume people shop/ congregate here in large part due to financial reasons/ price. That's the boon of mixing your own, once you have the basics - saving money over 15.00 100ml bottles online/ 25.00 B&M. Do I make juice worthy of selling? Probably not, but luckily with Facebook we Americans can bypass the "Pact" Act, and order large amounts from others that ARE good juice makers, without the taxation or shipping hassles.

In the USA, Nicotine is becoming harder to get without a business license. Online companies are forced to sell other products to survive - has anyone been to 8Vape lately? LOL, it's a far cry from their heydey, for sure. Folks that previously relied on Mail Order will have to buy in person, mix, or make friends with Juice Makers.

Good Quality, cheap/bulk FB juicemakers: Fat Rabbit, EVC, ModBros., Bubbling Cauldron, Pirate's Cove....there's a ton!
What does he mean when he says words?
#4 (permalink)      4/16/2022 10:21:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 12768
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos19415
+2 details
Not much better here.

I have long made my own e-juice because I don't like sweetener that comes in retail juice. Any cloned recipes I have made that do require it I either leave it out or substitute with marshmallow.

It's not about money. I spent far more on DIY flavours, hundreds, likely half of which I used once and threw out than I ever would have done on retail juice. I never bothered with 10ml flavours but minimum 30 ml-60ml.

In the end, I found 95% of the clone recipes out there did not hit the mark. Always seemed to be something missing. Found one DIY recipe 5-6 years ago I still make to this day but eventually just moved to a couple of OneShots I knew were not sweetened but even then, again, I found 95% of them lacking.

By that time, I no longer got excited by new flavours.

Did buy my partner one particular retail e-juice for 7+ years but the person making them appears to have passed away a few months ago so I had to switch him over to a Churro one shot that seems to do the trick.

After several years at this I cant imagine getting excited by new clones, flavours any longer but I still have about 150 ml of the 100mg nic in my freezer as my partner uses 2ml in his bottles.

Went into one of the most popular vape stores here in Toronto last month just to pick up a bottle of VG I needed. Hadn't been in in close to 2 years and it used to be packed solid. The vape clouds were so thick you could barely see in front of you.
Not one person was in the store. Only one staff member when they used to have at least 4-5 every day.
#5 (permalink)      4/16/2022 11:11:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 741
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos655
+2 details
I dabbled with DIY juice making for a while and found that although I can make juice that is OK, I've never yet managed to make a juice that is comparable to the best commercially available juices.

As I'm in the UK we currently don't have any flavour bans and the only real restriction we have is we cant buy nic over 20mg (unless you have a registered business) and juice containing nic can't be sold in bottles larger than 10ml - but that's fine for MTL as MTL juices are sold for 3 for £10 everywhere and for DL juice 50 to 100ml 0mg shortfills and nic shots are £8 to £15 it doesn't make any sense to DIY.

It seems a false economy to me to spend loads looking for the best performing vape gear and ultimate flavour atomisers and then fill up with mediocre juice - I'd rather economise by buying clone atties.

Things seem OK in the UK at present, but nothing lasts forever and I think we will eventually face the same problems as the US, but until we do I'll carry on buying the good stuff.

Edited on 4/16/2022 at 11:12 AM
#6 (permalink)      4/16/2022 1:20:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ppeeble
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 990
  • Reviews 358
  • Kudos992
+2 details
The only problem with buying pre-made liquid is that you have to buy a LOT of crap flavours before you can find one that works for you. I remember back in the day buying 10ml bottles at £5.00 a pop. Once you've spent a couple of hundred pounds on bog-standard one or two flavour mixes then DIY seems like a no-brainer.
And why do manufacturers call liquids things like 'the toad's gonads' - just list the feckin flavours.
Admittedly there are some liquids i can't replicate - i love donuts being a good example - but most are just a couple of fruits, some ethyl maltol and a bit of cream/custard/yoghurt etc.
More sense than money.....
#7 (permalink)      4/16/2022 2:27:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crispycritters
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 741
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos655
+3 details
ppeeble wrote:

The only problem with buying pre-made liquid is that you have to buy a LOT of crap flavours before you can find one that works for you. I remember back in the day buying 10ml bottles at £5.00 a pop. Once you've spent a couple of hundred pounds on bog-standard one or two flavour mixes then DIY seems like a no-brainer.
And why do manufacturers call liquids things like 'the toad's gonads' - just list the feckin flavours.
Admittedly there are some liquids i can't replicate - i love donuts being a good example - but most are just a couple of fruits, some ethyl maltol and a bit of cream/custard/yoghurt etc.

The simple answer to juices with obscure meaningless names is simply not to buy them, if you have no idea of the flavour what's the point? Juice was relatively expensive back in the day, but that was a long time ago - now you can buy high quality 100ml juices with nic shots for £15 at any high street shop or for around £10 online. I bought 6 100ml bottles of Just Jam flavours for £8 each this afternoon from an online UK seller - its simply not worth mixing your own at that price.

#8 (permalink)      4/16/2022 3:07:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13916
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos21539
+2 details
Can you imagine what BT must have spent to shove this s**t down our throats?
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#9 (permalink)      4/16/2022 3:09:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gigirat67
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 497
  • Reviews 123
  • Kudos254
+2 details
« Forget the flavourings. Just vape base with whatever you are into, whether it’s nicotine cbd thc… Flavours are potentially toxic and actual rubbish anyway. »
That’s what I tell myself anyhow.
#10 (permalink)      4/16/2022 4:42:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26259
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos21049
+1 details
ppeeble wrote:

^This... Exactly...

Gigirat67 wrote:

« Forget the flavourings. Just vape base with whatever you are into, whether it’s nicotine cbd thc… Flavours are potentially toxic and actual rubbish anyway. »
That’s what I tell myself anyhow.

^And this... I have dabbled with flavorless on and off over the years... RTS Vapes appears to be gone now... They had a nic base that had a decent peppery taste... The best for flavorless...

It is time we stop accepting the things we cannot change, and start changing the things we cannot accept...
#11 (permalink)      4/16/2022 4:44:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 26259
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos21049
+1 details
vape8ion wrote:

Can you imagine what BT must have spent to shove this s**t down our throats?

I'm thinking many of the states also had skin in the game with the settlement "bonds" coming due...