[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
ULTON's new BORO mod looks kool - sure hope FT will offer it on release.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      7/29/2022 5:43:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16482
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos30013
Yeah, somehow everything is a bit more "square" on this clone...(meaning the "Prototype Orca")

If they came out with a transparent version with Sevo chip, I'd pay the same price like for the BXR for it.

Edited on 7/30/2022 at 3:51 AM
#12 (permalink)      7/30/2022 4:06:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16482
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos30013
That button I find a bit hilarious. As all other devices where you find a "filling port" symbol or for example the Dotaio SE, where on the inner plate you find the whole manuel printed.
Well, I guess there must be some people out there, who even after 2 weeks of use need a reminder...

Soon, when you buy a toothbrush, little symbols will show you on it: "left "right" "up" "down" or even
"handle" ...for any case, you know... =D
#13 (permalink)      7/30/2022 5:59:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8759
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos31429
+2 details
I'm old enough to remember the squonk hype period. Never understood why so many people whined about that with their "squonk mod after squonk mod after squonk mod".

Now I do.

What the heck is up with all these Boro devices? They're finnicky, unpractical and most importantly: lack flavor due the long chimneys. Every Boro I've tried has less flavor than even a random Freemax or Vaporesso pre-made coil. Not even gonna try to compare the flavor with a good RDA, that'd be laughably unfair.

It's Boro mod after Boro mod after Boro mod.

Ok, fine, rant over :)
But, modders, China, please give us something that focuses on flavor. This is just laziness wrapped in a fancy shell, with the flavor of a CE4.
#14 (permalink)      7/30/2022 7:07:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
macranife
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2237
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos8648
+3 details
Boro's are where the cash is at in this moment in time

and while I would agree with yir sentiments on far to finnicky and lacking flavour

there are a couple o exceptions imo

Kylin M aio, nae chimney = far better flavour + it's mesh (0.21 ohm @25w, so it's more of ma type o vape) granted it's no a boro

And am hopeful this Atemporal boro RBA is gonna be an improvement on others

as there's nae chimney involved in it either

just need the BXR tae show up and house it

Never say never but a think that'll be the last o the boro type devices al purchase

As there's only 2 a use regularly (Pulse/orbit rba and the Kylin M aio) from the 5 a own

Edited on 7/30/2022 at 7:26 AM (forgot tae say)
#15 (permalink)      7/30/2022 8:30:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5995
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4264
+2 details
I got the pulse AIO to see what the hype is about, meh they are kind of fun. I mean I am at the tip of the ice berg with it only and I can kind of see that they aren't for me personally, for the most part, but they are fun to fiddle with.

If I buy a big airflow bridge and still feel the same about them, then they are definitely not for me. Also I will take just about any recent dual coil RTA to my experience so far with it. So I see what you are saying completely. I think some of us need the interest in the equipment to keep the whole thing going.
#16 (permalink)      7/30/2022 8:40:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ckejjOmega
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 1636
  • Reviews 277
  • Kudos6301
+2 details
airwinny wrote:

I'm old enough to remember the squonk hype period. Never understood why so many people whined about that with their "squonk mod after squonk mod after squonk mod".

Now I do.

What the heck is up with all these Boro devices? They're finnicky, unpractical and most importantly: lack flavor due the long chimneys. Every Boro I've tried has less flavor than even a random Freemax or Vaporesso pre-made coil. Not even gonna try to compare the flavor with a good RDA, that'd be laughably unfair.

But, modders, China, please give us something that focuses on flavor. This is just laziness wrapped in a fancy shell, with the flavor of a CE4.

Vapers like to tinker, a challenge, they like a variation, different forms, modular customisable pieces, flavor is subjective and people like to vape different ways, different juices, different flavours, devices at different times of the day, have different ways of building and wicking. That's whats up. There is all kinds of reasons why. Also a long chimney does not mean lack of flavour, lots of fantastic rta's have long chimneys, several are renowned for producing great flavour.. RDA's are cool I own a load of them and still use them alongside a lot of other stuff. There definitly is a time and a place for a good RDA. As well as a boro, squonk, pre made coil.. etc

I do agree with macranife Boro's are where the cash is at in this moment in time. seems if you put boro in the name it's a licence to charge more than usual which is not a good trend imo.

Edited on 7/30/2022 at 8:54 AM
#17 (permalink)      7/30/2022 9:09:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
analogueman
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 2855
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2305
+1 details
airwinny wrote:

It's just a current trend. China plans for them.

And like all trends, it will continue until the market is saturated and sales dictate it's over, and then move on to the next one.

I'm not into AIOs myself, so the whole Boro 'buzz' has completely flown over my head, as indeed did the squonk thing.

Wonder if some smart-arse will devise a squonking Boro before the trend dwindles... ;-)

It's twelve inches long, but don't use it as a rule...
#18 (permalink)      7/30/2022 10:08:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2893
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos4633
+1 details
airwinny wrote:

Now I do.

With you all the way here. I just gave my DNA 60 BB away for free. I hope he enjoys it. I never understood the hype about it either. Its fiddly and an expensive rabbithole. The only advantage was that it's pocketable, but so are sbs mods and you dont have to buy 10 different bridges to find the one you like.

We can't agree on everything.
#19 (permalink)      7/30/2022 10:36:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16482
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos30013
Might be the format.
Squonking meant a lot shorter gears in your hand, and with the most recent boro mods, it just doesn't stop shrinking =) In spite of it you've still got a nice autonomy of juice. (would be a good argument for certain) and a capacity of a bigger battery.

Flavour-wise, just like RTA's, some are very good, others are maybe less, but it depends so much on build, juices, personal preferences etc. etc..it's as subjective as food/ drinks.
I don't see the chimney would make a big difference, in most cases it's not even longer than an average RTA's chimney. (just staring at a dvarw right in front of me hehe)

I remember the first bridge I had was the Vapesnail, 3 years ago, which I didn't find extraordinary flavour-wise (neither the stock subtank style RBA of the Bantam) Had a Mission Krma Gen later on, which got forgotten in a drawer for years...though that one could've changed my early opinion...a bit earlier =)

The roll of the "hype" thing in all, just means (in my story at least) that some things become available and affordable. At least it was the case with squonking and everything that preceded or surrounded it, thanks to Chinese made stuff, mostly. Today, it's getting a bit more complicated though, with Chinese companies making originals, and "original" stuff actually produced in China lol!

Sometimes I find an RTA or RDA fiddly to set up. When it's hard to trap the wire, mostly.
When you know your boro tanks, it's nowhere more complicated/ less easy, apart from going to search for your 510 adaptor. =)
As far as it goes for draining a boro when it's really necessary, there there's a point. But with some other RBAs, this problem is already solved too :))

Or if the question is, why mod after mod... well, I'm always glad for those, who were on the train as well for long but one day managed to get off and happily settle somewhere ;)
#20 (permalink)      7/30/2022 10:46:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16482
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos30013
+1 details

Wonder if some smart-arse will devise a squonking Boro before the trend dwindles... ;-)

Not quite like this but they are getting there. =)

Some latest, they turned the thing up-side-down, so just like an RDTA, you've got an RDA deck, no chimney, bottom feed, so there you are, but no, no, you don't need to squeeze anything ;-)

Edited on 7/30/2022 at 10:50 AM
#21 (permalink)      7/30/2022 2:35:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8759
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos31429
philipvdb wrote:

I just gave my DNA 60 BB away for free. I hope he enjoys it.

The one in the gorgeous, amazing blue color?!